Freitag, 3. Oktober 2014

Clichés and Prejudices

2

Hi everybody,

I was reading an article the other day in the magazine Spotlight and it talks about clichés. I thought you might bie intersted, too because its about clichés and prejudices. Basically what it says is, that the Europeans have many prejudices of the USA.

I think it is so, because we aren`t well informed of this topic. Anybody considers with this topic, but everybody talks about it.

There are many prejudices, stereotypes and facts, we know about the USA, but how many are true and how many are only prejudices. One of the prejudices about the USA is, that the Europeans think americans have no culture. This is a lie, the article talks me that there is already many culture in America, but the Europeans don't know much about that.

There are some many facts, prejudices and stereotypes, I can't tell you all. Let me give you my opinion. Everybody should judge for himself. You should not tell lies, but to deal with the issue. In my opinion it does not matter how to deal with prejudice, as long as you look at them not to be influenced.










Write in the comments what you think.

2 Kommentare:

  1. Bravo Gregor!
    Nice that you are blogging too ;)
    I think we should be very careful with clichés.

    Regards JR6

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Interesting posting, Gregor. However, correct the following:
    a lot of prejudices about the US/ But how many of them are true ?/ Europeans (without the) think that Americans have no culture/ the article talks me is by now way possible - the author of the article tells us/ you don't talk about an opinion, you GIVE an opinion.
    The last paragraph needs to be completely reformulated !! (word order !!)

    AntwortenLöschen