Hi guys,
last English
lesson we have been talking about the Saint Patrick’s Day in the whole world. Our
teacher gives us the task to write about this holy day for the Irish Christians
and to give our own opinion.
First of all, this day
is the feast day of Saint Patrick, the patron Saint of Ireland and a day of
celebration for Irish people. It is celebrated on 17th March all
over the world. There are a lot of parades everywhere in the world, for example
Munich, London, Dublin and New York, but these are only few cities, where
parades take place. Furthermore, it is a very Irish festival and it involves a
lot of feasting and celebrations, which includes traditional Irish music,
drinking Guinness and eating bacon. Another tradition is, if one doesn’t
wear green clothes, they will be pinched.
In my opinion, the
idea of celebrating a patron is very nice. I’m not sure, whether we have such
big parties for celebrating holy days in Austria, I don’t think so. On the
other side we celebrate such days on another way. To put it in a nutshell, I
like how the Irish people celebrate their Saints and I wish this would also be the
case in Austria.
What do you think about
the Saint Patrick’s Day? Do you celebrate it?
Please write a
comment.
See you later
alligator J

0 Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen