Hi guys,
in our last English lesson we have discussed about public health care. So I would like to make a short comment on that. In Austria the essential health services are paid by
the government. But what services are regarded as ‘essential’? I’m going to
examine 3 cases of operations with a fine-tooth comp and I will decide, if the
operation costs should be paid by the government or by the persons on their
own.
The first case is, a tattoo which the
patient says causing him mental distress. In my opinion the patient has to pay
on his own, because he decides to have this tattoo. For example, it is the name
of his ex-girlfriend, it was his mistake to get tattooed. Now he has to accept
his mistake and pay for the removal.
The second case is, a cosmetic
surgery on an actor’s large nose. On this case I’m also in the favour, that the
actor has to pay. It’s the same, if a footballer wants to get taller, because
he will win more header-duels. There is no reason, why the government should
pay for the success of someone.
The third and last case I’m going to
talk about is, a breast reduction on a 13-year-old who is being teased at
school. In my opinion this should be paid by the government, because no child
should suffer in his childhood and if it only could be change by a breast
reduction, the government should pay the costs.
Now you can think about this topic, do you agree
with me in this 3 cases or not?
0 Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen