Donnerstag, 28. April 2016

30th anniversary of the Chernobyl accident

1

Hi guys,

last English lesson we have been watching a documentation about the disaster, which happened in Chernobyl exactly 30 year ago. I have to summarize the first 45 minutes of the documentation. First of all, the accident is described, the security systems were deactivated to try a new way of safety measure. After this, suddenly the atomic plant exploded and radioactivity ran in the sky, so the clouds were contaminated. Two 2 men died immediately in this night and several men the following months. This accident is called the most serious accident in the European history. The first journalist, who reported about the accident, flew by a helicopter across the reactor and opened the window so he exposed himself radioactivity. It was also said, that this blast contained 100 times more radiation than the nuclear bombs of Hiroshima and Nagasaki combined. While a metering of radioactivity in Pripyat, the equipment showed a value, which was 500,000 times higher than the normal value. First after 3 days the city, which had 50,000 inhabitants, was evacuated. The people had only 2 hours to get all their belongings.

Finally, the documentation reports, that the first Europeans, who noticed that something went wrong in Chernobyl, were the Swedes.

This was my short review of the first 45 minutes of the documentation. I hope, I could give you a little summary.


Here is the link to the video: Documentation

See you later alligator 

1 Kommentar:

  1. Hello Gregor!

    I like what you wrote about. This is really an interesting topic. The first example you give is a tattoo which the patient says causing him mental distress. I totally agree with you, because when you decide yourself for a tattoo you have to be aware of the consequences, especially when you don’t like it anymore. I also agree with you the other cases you describe.

    Regards
    Jakob

    AntwortenLöschen